111 is the emergency number for Police, Fire and Ambulance.
- Use 111 to report things that are happening now, or need immediate action.
105 is the number for Police non-emergencies.
- You can use 105 or https://105.police.govt.nz/ to report things that have already happened that don’t need urgent Police assistance. This includes Covid-19 breaches.
- National Poisons Centre 0800 764 766
- COVID-19 Dedicated Healthline 0800 358 5453
- COVID-19 phone for all non-clinical information 0800 779 997 https://www.govt.nz/c ovid-19-novel-coronavirus
- PlunketLine 0800 933 922
- Family Violence & Sexual Violence support https://covid19.govt.nz/…/family-violence-and-sexual-viole…/
- Women’s Refuge 0800 REFUGE, 0800 733 843
- Healthline: Free health advice and information, anytime – 0800 611 116
- Need to talk? To connect with a professional counsellor free call or text 1737
- The Depression Helpline (0800 111 757)
- Lifeline (0800 543 354)
- Samaritans (0800 726 666)
- Youthline (0800 376 633)
- Alcohol Drug Helpline (0800 787 797)
If you think you have symptoms:
If you are experiencing fever and a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath and have traveled internationally, or been in contact with someone who has, then please do not go into your local health centre, ring first to get advice. Medical Centres are not taking walk-in appointments, please book any appointment by email, online or phone first.
If you are registered with Muritai Health Center ring 04 562 7606, otherwise ring your own GP.
Latest Official COVID-19 News https://covid19.govt.nz – Official Website
Health Related https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus or call 0800 358 5453
Daily Email Newsletter https://covid19.govt.nz/latest-updates/daily-newsletter/ –
If you don’t have the essentials you need to get through lockdown (such as food, medication or cleaning supplies) try calling a neighbour, family member or friend who lives nearby or check the availability for shopping online. If these are not available, then for Wellington ring 0800 141 967 between 7am and 7pm.
Hutt City Information http://www.huttcity.govt.nz/COVID19
2020 Influenza Immunisation Campaign https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/conditions-and-treatments/diseases-and-illnesses/influenza
Most banks are putting in place options for people and businesses facing financial difficulties, so check with your bank first.
Price complaints – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizens Advice Bureau
CAB still up and running via email, phone and chat (no face-to-face). Www.cab.org.nz, 0800 367 222 ( free from mobiles ) or email@example.com
Local Business Support – who’s open and when
Keep Eastbourne Safe – Support our local shops or businesses.
Four Square Supermarket Open 9am – 7pm. Access controlled. Delivery by arrangement to elderly, recently overseas, self-isolation – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastbourne Pharmacy Open 8:30am – 6:00pm, 04-562 8057, Access controlled.
Eastbourne Dairy Open 7:00am – 9:00pm, 04-562 8403, Access controlled.
Muritai Health Open 8:30am-5:00pm weekdays, 04-562 7606 (always ring first)
For Eastbourne IT support and supplies contact www.solved.net.nz
Council / Local Services
Lots of electronic resources available, books, mags, learning resources – https://library.huttcity.govt.nz/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/OPAC/ODBS
Hutt Valley Business Support – (facebook) https://www.facebook.com/groups/huttvalleybusinesssupport/
Hutt City Council (HCC) http://www.huttcity.govt.nz/Services/Emergency-management/covid-19/
HCC cancellations/postponements page http://www.huttcity.govt.nz/Leisure–Culture/events/covid-19-event-cancellations-and-postponements/