Eastbourne.nz is a website for the Eastern Bays community, residents and visitors. Eastbourne and the bays are a community and village on the eastern side of Wellington Harbour, New Zealand.
The website is managed by the Eastbourne Community Board (ECB) which has the responsibility of representing and communicating with the community. It also has a small Community Fund to distribute, and awards the Eastbournes each year to recognise those members of the community that are making valuable contributions. This website is part of a wider communications portfolio which includes:
- An electronic notice board inside and outside the Eastbourne Library / Community Hub,
- Email newsletters for Community Board News, Climate Change, Business Group and Emergency Management,
- The Eastbourne Herald newspaper, published monthly (this is privately owned but the ECB has a regular column,
- Eastbourne Community Board meetings (approximately every 6 weeks),
- A Facebook page (Community Board) with board news and updates,
- and the Eastbourne Community Notice Board , a private page which is great for making contacts and getting information – ask to join,
- A Youtube account with a variety of videos,
- A Community Radio Station, broadcast and streaming, is also being developed.