• Wharf 50 years in service and requires upgrade/repairs for future resilience.
• Main fuel Pipeline (owned by Z,BP, Mobil) requires upgrade.
• Seaview Wharf, bulk fuel pipeline and storage network essential to the regional economy.
• A critical lifelines asset.
• Future-proofing with capability of carrying alternative, non-carbon fuels.
- Replacement of fuel pipeline from Ngamatau/Point Howard to Port Road
- Commenced January 2021 and due to be completed early 2022.
- Upgrade of Seaview Wharf and pipeline section from ship berth to Point Howard.
- Site establishment Dec 2021, works underway Mar 2022.
- 2021 – 2023
- Replacement of pipeline sections from Port Road to fuel storage terminals.
- 2022 – 2023