We outlined a few trials in a survey that sought to provide more options to help getting to/from Days Bay wharf – , you can see a summary of survey results here.
We have now opened applications for spaces in a few trials:
- Wildfinder are helping us get a shuttle trial off the ground starting next Monday 3 July.
- The shuttle will meet three sailings in the morning and three in the evening on weekdays, and the trial will run for two months.
- It will run between Matipo St and Days Bay wharf along Muritai Road, and get to Days Bay wharf five minutes ahead of the ferry. In the evenings, it will leave as soon as its full, and then double back for a second run if required.
- The shuttle will be $2 per trip (this covers about 40% of the cost of the trial)
- The trial is open for applications, but we’ll be selecting users based on a best fit, and the shuttle will then operate as a closed trial.
- We’ll look to facilitate interested parties to self-organise into groups.
- Depending on the use-profile and amount of carparking freed-up, we’ll support with a variable amount of free travel on the ferry
- Flamingo are providing a number of scooters for free, and will “unlock” them for private use.
- The idea is to ensure they’re guaranteed for use to get to and from Days Bay wharf, so can be taken and kept at home at night.
If you’re interested in taking part in any of the trials, you can find some more information and complete an application here. If you’d like to take part in more than one of the trials, please feel free to complete an application for each. As we’re working through selection for each of the trials, we’ll get back in touch with more information.
For East By West, the ultimate goal of the trials is to increase patronage on the ferry. Whether that’s from completely new users, or from existing users that can free-up carparking space for others to use. If we see increased patronage, we can start to introduce additional sailings – and where the trials are working successfully, we can look to extend and expand them.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch. Otherwise, please jump in to the link above and apply for one of the trials.
The team at East By West